The WA Government has announced that the Perth and Peel post-lockdown restrictions will be significantly eased from 12.01am Saturday, May 1.
The easing of restrictions will see the return of racing to pre-lockdown conditions, with a small number of measures to remain in place until 12.01am Saturday, May 8, including:
- Masks are not required outside except where physical distancing is not possible.
- Masks are mandatory for any indoor venues on-course, including jockeys, drivers and stewards rooms, kennels, function rooms or restaurants, grandstands, etc.
- Anyone who has been in the Perth or Peel regions since April 17, must also comply with the above requirements when travelling to racetracks outside of the Perth or Peel region.
- Race meetings can take place with up to 500 people without a COVID event plan.
- Race meetings of more than 500 patrons that requires a Local Government Authority approval are required to complete a COVID Event Plan and have it approved as part of that process. For more information on events that require a COVID Event Plan, visit COVID-19 coronavirus: Events.
- Seated on-course hospitality areas can open at 75 per cent capacity or apply the 2sqm rule – whichever is greater. Please note this only applies to areas where patrons will remain seated, otherwise the 2sqm rule must still apply.
Mandatory Contact Tracing
Please be reminded that any individuals attending WA racetracks are required to register their details as part of mandatory contact tracing. This includes industry participants, patrons, staff, volunteers and contractors.
WA race clubs have the right to deny entry to anyone who refuses to provide their contact information.
To help businesses and venues, the WA Government has developed the SafeWA app, for more information click here.