Following the WA Government’s announcement today, there will be no change to the current requirements implemented specific to the COVID-19 lockdown period enabling the maintenance of WA racing, trialling and trackwork.
In order to ensure the WA thoroughbred, harness and greyhound industries are best protected in this transitional period, RWWA has deemed the current strict bio-security measures be maintained. These include:
- Essential Persons Only on-course (please carry RWWA licence card or Essential Persons ID Card at all times);
- Essential Persons include Trainers, Jockeys, Apprentices, Drivers, Stable Hands, Kennel Hands, Horse Transport staff specific to animals engaged at a race meeting, trial or trackwork;
- Essential Persons include RWWA Staff and Officials, Club Staff and Officials, Racing Vision broadcasters; Official raceday photographers;
- Masks to be worn on-course (except by riders and drivers whilst racing);
- Physical Distancing;
- Mandatory contact register (Safe WA App or manual registration);
- Cleaning and disinfecting of all gear and equipment;
- Takeaway only options for food and beverage (dependent upon individual Club capacity)
Trials and Trackwork are permitted to go ahead with the aforementioned bio-security measures.
Again, any Essential Person who feels unwell should not attend a WA racetrack.
Any change to the current guidelines will be communicated in line with Government advice.
Please note, the Ladies in Racing Awards event scheduled for Friday 30th April, 2021, will be postponed until further notice.
For further updates please go to the RWWA website and tune in to TABradio.